Video marketing statistics for 2018
I am sure you would love to watch a video on this rather than read this.
Video marketing statistics for 2018 clearly show that video is the next big thing…
Consumers demand video and watch video, which makes for a huge opportunity for advertisers and marketers.
This year’s video statistics outline a few major trends that show why video is about to emerge as the go-to marketing method for businesses around the world.
As video becomes more mobile and more social, it is quickly becoming the most viable marketing opportunity for every business, from international corporations to local brick-and-mortar businesses.
Here are some statistics that show why video marketing is one of the best marketing opportunities in 2018 and the coming years:
– 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium.
– The average internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video than without.
– 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
– Using videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 80%.
– 59% of viewers will watch a video to completion that is less than 1 minute.
– Despite all this, only 24% of brands are using online video to market to consumers.
– Using the word “Video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribe rates by 26%.
– B2B and B2C marketers both say video is in the top 3 most effective social media marketing tactics.
– 52% of marketers believe that video is the content format with the highest ROI.
– 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video.
– 69% of smartphone users say videos are a perfect solution for smartphone viewing as it offers a quick way for consumers to grasp an overview of a product.
Clearly, video needs to become a primary focus for advertisers and marketers. Display advertising and other ad formats will all give way to video. Keep an eye out for video marketing solutions that are already becoming available, even for small and local businesses.
Both advertising and content marketing will shift more towards video content. As video emerges as the most-watched, most-influential digital media format, it will also become the most important. Marketers need to not only look at video advertising solutions, but also to video content marketing solutions.
Automation technology will embrace and incorporate video. Look for video technology that incorporates analytics and viewing data with existing automation and CRM systems.
B2B and B2C will both be impacted by video marketing. As mentioned above, consumers aren’t the only ones who watch video. Executives and other busy professionals prefer compact, information-packed content that’s contained in this soon-to-be-omnipresent media format.
Programming content will become more targeted, more personalize, and more interactive. Over time, we’ll see videos that allow users to control what information they receive and how they receive it.
Video is continuing to evolve. But 2018 and the coming years will see an explosive growth of video that offers new opportunities for marketers across the globe.