According to data shared by Statista, Google is still the most popular website worldwide and gets more than 86 billion total monthly visits. In contrast, Facebook gets only 20 billion total monthly visits, while Instagram and Amazon attract over 4 billion respectively. For the past decade Google held the first spot as the most popular website. So, yes, in 2022, you should definitely care about how you rank on Google.
Influencer Marketing Hub explains, ‘it’s not just about winning new customers (or attracting some of your competitors’ potential customers). It also helps to boost the credibility of your brand or business. With billions of links competing for a dozen or so spots, competition has never been more fierce in the race to the top. One way to beat out competitors is using video to rank higher in Google search results. Because:
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week. (Wordstream)
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day. (Buffer)
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years. (Insivia)
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds. (Insivia)
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Brightcove)
If your business and your clients’ businesses are probably not media-oriented companies, using videos to get more eyes on your online real estate where customers are spending their time should be seriously considered. The huge advantages of using videos of products and services for higher visibility are totally proven.
1. On-page Video SEO
For sure in 2022, on-page optimization remains one of the easiest ways to boost your rankings on Google. Best practices to help you with on-site SEO:
- Use your keywords at the beginning of your title tags
- Focus on creating long-form content (aim for at least 1,800 words)
- Insert your keyword two to three times per page (keyword stuffing is not helpful)
2. Technical Video SEO
This refers to making sure that your website is designed in such a way that search engines will be able to crawl and index it easily. Check again and again that:
- All your pages are secure
- Your site is optimised for mobile
- You don’t have any plagiarised content or similar content on different pages of your own site
- Pages load quickly – Speed is important. Not only will pages that load faster lower your bounce rate, but Google’s algorithm also uses it as a factor when ranking websites.
- User experience (UX) – It should be easy for users and search engines to find their way around your site. Besides looking professional and attractive, your pages should be straightforward to navigate.
3. High quality video production
One of your main goals should be to get visitors to share your posts on social media. And, you can only expect visitors to do that if you post high-quality content regularly. By the way, we would like to reiterate that we are awesome and high quality & creative video production.
4. Video SEO
As a video content creator or video marketer, if you don’t optimise your videos they will not be seen and you will not get desirable results from your marketing campaign. Quick tips on how to achieve this:
Find the perfect keywords
Incorporate keywords into your script
Use your keyword in your video file’s name
Title and description – Your title should begin with your main keyword, and you can add in a secondary keyword, a longtail keyword or a bit more information about your video. It really helps search engines to have a lot of text associated with your video to crawl, and gain attention on the main page. The video description in YouTube should be at least 200 words and can go up to 400 words – remember, the more the better. Also check this description includes your main keyword and all the relevant information to hook the viewer.
Add your tags – Adding tags to your video during the upload process is an important part of getting videos to rank higher on Google – especially YouTube.
Add a transcript -This is a word-for-word transcript of the audio in your video and can be uploaded under the “captions” tab of your video usually as a .srt file.
5. Internal links
An internal link is a hyperlink that links to another page on the same domain. In short, they help Google with finding and indexing your web pages.
6. EAT criteria
While SEO is one of the main criterion whenever Google rankings are discussed, Google E-A-T is another three-letter acronym that can help you. Basically, it stands for expertise, authority, and trust. It’s equally important if your website focuses on so-called YMYL topics (aka your money or your life). These typically include content that offers medical, legal, safety, or financial information.
7. Build your relation with Google
If you’ve demonstrated that you’re qualified to write about your topic and other sources turn to you for the value that you offer, Google will view you as trustworthy.
8. Pre-empt what people need to search
Google rewards the websites that share content that people are searching for most often. Research and use survey information and try to match your content with the content that ranks on the first page. Do your articles cover that content? If not, see it as an opportunity to repurpose some of your older content so that it’s more in line with what your target audience need to be fed. This is another way of achieving video SEO.
9. Bounce rate
To improve your bounce rate, make sure that all the most important info appears above the fold (in other words, visitors shouldn’t have to scroll down to find the information that they need). Adding a table of contents (or a summary like we do) can also help visitors to go directly to the section that’s relevant to their query. Not only is a low bounce rate better for search ranking, but it will also mean that visitors have more time to get better acquainted with your brand which can help to increase sales and customer loyalty.
10. Increase video content
People spend over twice as long on a page with video than without. In addition to embedding videos on your web pages, you can create your own YouTube channel where you upload these videos. Not only will it attract the attention of Google, but it can also keep visitors on your site for longer which also helps to signal to the search engines that your website matches search intent.